Top 5 Life Hacks For Tired Parents
So. You have booked in for a family photoshoot with your local photography studio (Photographvie obvs ) and when it comes to the morning of the shoot you realise - you had precisely 2 &3/4 hrs sleep (yes you were counting), your clean laundry pile and your dirty laundry pile have been helpfully combined by the baby and you haven’t been shopping for days so there appears to be only a barren wasteland where the fridge once stood.
Do not fear, you are in the right place, the place where I can share with you my favourite tips to make those mornings where you were woken up at least 337 & 1/2 times the previous night just about bearable.
1. Stop ironing. Yes you heard me. I mean who has time to iron their underwear anyway? And will your toddler notice if you put wrinkled sheets on his bed? Nope. Aside from shirts and the odd item I have ceased this futile practice and feel all the better for it. A great website for more ideas to help make life with little ones easier is www.joyfulmesses.com - some great tips to share in your mummy Facebook group!
2. Use the dishwasher to your advantage. Well who knew you could actually wash a whole host of household things in this wonderous machine? No, me neither. Well now you know you can put things like toothbrushes, teething toys, combs and your daughter’s favourite Elsa figure that your baby has dipped in his dinner in too! Find more ideas at www.onecrazyhouse.com
3. Online shopping is your friend. Obvious I know, but true. And for the eco warriors out there amongst us it doesn’t have to be guilt ridden either. Some supermarkets will deliver without plastic bags and you can find fantastic shops like Riverford where you can order your weeks fruit, veg, meat and dairy all to your door in very minimal or reusable packaging. Actually the possibilities are endless when you have hours to browse at 3am when not asleep.
4. Batch cooking is also your friend. Even if you don’t feel like you have the time (or energy) to prepare twice as many veg for the stew or onions for the bolognese - even if you do a little extra it will make your life heaps easier when it comes to tomorrow’s quick lunch or an ‘everyones tired we need something quick from the freezer’ moment. Search www.myfussyeater.com for recipe ideas.
5. And finally this one will CHANGE YOUR LIFE. Layer the kids bedding. Ehh?! I hear you cry. Well it’s simple- mattress protector, sheet then another mattress protector & another sheet. That way when the inevitable nighttime stomach bug or wee accident happens you just whip off the top two layers and you’re good to go. Boom. For more fabulous life hacks go to www.whattoexpect.com
And after all that what about the morning in question?
What do you do when those beautiful family photos seem like a distant dream?
Well you feed everyone something from a tin for breakfast (I mean who doesn’t have beans in the cupboard, right?), you carefully select your questionably clean laundry and bung it in the drier with some essential oil or a little white vinegar to freshen it up, aaaaand finally you drink coffee. Lots of coffee. And if you still can’t bring yourself to smile for the camera just think of all those housework hours you are saving by condemning the iron to the back of a dark cupboard somewhere. Win - win.
CLICK HERE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR FUTURE BLOG POSTS
All views expressed on this site are those of Photographvie and do not represent the opinions of any entity with which I have been, am now, or will be affiliated with. If you find offence with anything on this site, please feel free to bring it to my attention and I will gladly discuss it further.